May 6, 2011

Chocolate Chip Awesomeness



Mother's Day. The day we celebrate moms everywhere who make the world a better place with nothing more or less than the immense power of chocolate chip cookies.

I'm celebrating two wonder women, my wife and my mom, each of whom have a PhD in baking, so between the two of them, my kids, my love handles, and I reside in a happy world of epic cookie awesomeness. Who could ask for more?

And yet there is more. Moms give more, always, whatever it takes. I'm pretty good at at seeing the big picture but usually not very good at managing little details; it's just how I'm wired, and I know a lot of guys are like me. We do our best to keep the family train on the tracks and moving in the right direction, but the little details of the day to day can sometimes baffle us, and that's where mom comes in. She can simultaneously curl her hair, put on makeup, set up two doctor appointments and feed the kids lunch while baking those chocolate chip cookies and planning what to wear on her night out with her girlfriends. I am awestruck.

So thank you, Super Moms of the world, for all you do and for all you sacrifice. Thank you for giving so much of yourselves to your families. Thank you for caring about your kids' lives, no matter how old we are. And thank you, thank you, thank you for those comforting cookies. Without you, we'd be stuck with Chips Ahoy.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment